Let’s Make Sure Nothing Goes Wrong with Your Water Heater.
That’s our goal with every hot water service customer we serve. That’s why, for example, you receive a free annual water heater inspection when you purchase a new system from KP Hot Water.
But let’s say someone else installed your system and you can’t remember the last time it was inspected. If that’s the case, please keep reading to discover why you should schedule a water heater performance and safety inspection from us before even one more day goes by.
- No matter what type of water hear you have, it should be inspected by licensed and experienced plumber and gas fitter at least once every two years. Check your owner’s manual for all the specifics.
- Why are bi-annual inspections so important? Over time, water heaters begin to show their age and eventually need to repaired or replaced. We keep an eye on all of them for you to help prevent potentially costly and inconvenient repairs.
- If yours is a storage tank model, you need to have your system’s sacrificial anode rod replaced approximately every five years. It’s a metal rod that’s inserted into the tank (and easily removable), one designed to protect the inside of your tank from corrosion by attracting corrosive elements to itself…hence the name.
- If you have a gas water heater, regular maintenance will allow us to determine if the carbon monoxide emissions meet government safety standards. Higher than acceptable levels can pose serious health risks for every member of your family.
Water Heater Inspection Checklist
Here’s more of what goes into our water heater performance and safety inspection:
- Visually inspect your heater for thing like rust, water leaks, and other problems
- Check water emergency shut-off valve for safe operation
- Check thermostat and water temperature (another important safety matter)
- Clean fan and heater
- Clean burner assembly
- Check for proper airflow
- Check pan and pan drain for proper drainage
- Check pressure relief valve
- And more.
Looking for a few more good reasons to have your water heater inspected at least every two years? Through regular maintenance, we can help prevent repair problems and extend the lifespan of your system. And that saves you money while ensuring your family’s added safety.
For service you can trust, contact KP Hot Water today.