An Up-close Look at Gas & Gas Tankless Water Heaters.
Gas and electric storage tank water heaters have been around for a very long time, and they’re not going away any time soon. Is one or the other your most energy-efficient alternative? Neither type can make that claim. But they are known for low upfront costs, solid performance, and with multiple size options so you can get the system just right for your family’s hot water needs.
At KP Hot Water, we also install, service and repair solar and heat pump systems. But for now, let’s focus on the relative advantages of gas and gas tankless water heaters – still the two most popular choices throughout our region.
New Gas Water Heater
A conventional natural gas water heater with a storage tank is becoming an increasingly popular choice amongst Australian home owners. And for several good reasons:
- Comparatively low upfront costs
- More energy efficient than electric water heaters
- No time-of-day tariffs
- Lower greenhouse emissions than electric
- Multiple tank sizes so KP Hot Water can design the right size system for your needs and budget.
Not sure if your home is connected to a natural gas main? Contact KP Hot Water today and we’ll help find out.
New Gas Tankless Water Heater
Gas tankless water heaters also are known as “instantaneous” and “continuous flow” systems. By any name, they provide several important benefits when compared to a storage tank system:
- Far more efficient than storage tank electric systems and can be more efficient than storage tank gas systems, too
- They provide hot water on demand, which means no more waiting for the water to reheat between showers
- They also provide all the hot water you need since there’s no storage tank capable of being emptied
- No risk of bacterial growth as there is with a storage tank system, so you only need to heat the water to 50°C
- Your system will be wall-mounted, thus potentially providing you with additional storage space
- Can be installed virtually anywhere
Contact KP Hot Water for more information today about gas and gas tankless water heaters, and be sure to request a free in-home needs analysis and new system estimate.